Most of the students are doing a wonderful job complying with the uniform policy. Unfortunately, I have noticed a few issues lately so I decide I would post a quick reminder of some of the most common problems.
- Belts MUST be worn on all pants and shorts with belt loops, there are NO exceptions. This includes jeans worn on Spirit Days and free dress days. The belt should be brown, black or blue.
- No nail polish should be worn.
- Girls should wear modesty shorts under their jumpers.
- Uniform shirts purchased through the office should be worn under jumpers. These shirts have the St. Cecilia Catholic School logo on them. These can be purchased through the school only. Please see Mrs. Bowmaker in the office to order yours. If you purchased uniform style shirts any where else, they do not comply with the St. Cecilia uniform policy.
- Tennis shoes should be worn to school every day. No light up shoes please. If your child chooses to wear other shoes on a free dress day they MUST bring tennis shoes to school with them. They will be required to change into their tennis shoes for P.E. and recesses.
- Long sleeved shirts may be worn under the uniform shirts but should be uniform colors. No pinks, yellows, purples, reds, etc. If your child wears a long sleeved shirt to school, they will be required to leave it on all day. They will not be allowed to go and take it off during the day.
- Leggings or tights may be worn under jumpers but need to be uniform colors. Modesty shorts should still be worn over the top. NO JEGGINGS OR JEANS UNDER JUMPERS!!
- Starting April 1st, students may wear uniform shorts to school. If the shorts have belt loops, students must wear a belt. All shorts should be fingertip in length or longer. Jean shorts may be worn on Spirit Days but must be fingertip in length and a belt must be worn if there are belt loops. Free dress day shorts must be fingertip length and worn with a belt if they have belt loops.
A complete description of the St. Cecilia Catholic School dress code policy can be found on the main page of our school website under School Documents on pages 10-12. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to talk to myself or another staff member.